Did you know Apple makes an Apple TV app you can install on your Windows 10 PC? Below we will show you the step-by-step process on how to get the hidden app and install it today. While this app file (.emsix) had only been available in the past, a new (.msix) is available now, which means it can be installed on your Windows 10 pc now.
How to install the Apple TV UWP app
- First visit the link, it will take you to the official Microsoft Store App page for the Apple TV app > Get Apple TV – Microsoft Store
- Copy the URL in the address bar and visit > Microsoft Store – Generation Project (v1.2.1) rg-adguard.net
- Paste the URL you copied into the URL link field > then tap the check mark button
- You will get a list of files that come directly from Microsoft’s servers, select the file that ends in .MSIX > this will download the file and will look like the image below
- Right click the file and select install > it will open the ‘App Installer’ app and enable you to install your downloaded Apple TV app file
- Once installed, the App Installer app will prompt you to reinstall or launch the Apple TV app.
- Once you launch the app, the splash screen will look like the one below.
Unfortunately, at the time of publishing this article, the app crashes 20-30 seconds after launch. This was the case for a number Xbox console apps initially, but after an update or two the app started working. While your mileage may vary, given that this app is designed for Xbox consoles, even if it starts working the experience will be akin to how the Disney+ app worked when it was initially launched and you could use the app on your PC too.