Apple originally revealed iOS during its keynote at WWDC22 and subsequently rolled out a developer beta right after. Developer betas are great for those who want to pay $100 per year, but for the rest of us, we have to wait until the public beta. The wait is over, Apple iPadOS 16 public betas just went live and we’re here to help. Follow the how-to guide below to get started.
- Make sure you have an iPad mini (5th gen and later), iPad (5th gen and later), iPad Air (3rd gen and later) iPad Pro (all models) since iPadOS 16 requires it
- Visit beta.apple.com using the built-in Safari web browser since the process won’t work in another browser
- Select the Get started button
- An Apple ID dialog will open select the Continue button if you want to use your primary login or select Use a different Apple ID
- Under the Get Started section, select enroll your iPadOS device
- At this point it is recommended that you create an iOS backup using the iTunes app on a Mac or PC, but it isn’t required
- Under the Install Profile section, select the Download profile button
- A dialog box will open in the center of your screen informing you that the “website is trying to download a configuration profile. Do you want to allow this?” Select Allow to proceed
- Your iPad will need to restart, confirm that you want to allow this
- Upon restarting and signing back into your device you will be informed that a profile has been downloaded and to open the Settings app
- When you open the settings app, you will see a new section just under your Apple account section called letting you know that the profile was downloaded, select it
- Now you will see the iPadOS 16 Public Beta update page, select the Download and install button
- Your iPad will begin to download the update, after it has completed, your iPad will ask you to Install it, select Install
- This will initiate a restart of your iPhone and installation of iPadOS 16 Public Beta.
Check back for additional how-to guides for your Apple devices and more.