Qualcomm today announced their successor to the Snapdragon 778 that promises 20 percent more boost in graphics, the company claims. The Snapdragon 7 Gen 1 features a new Adreno GPU and a 7th-generation AI Engine that delivers a 30 percent boost in AI processing, Faster 5G connectivity and improved Wi-Fi 6/6E support with the Snapdragon X62 Modem.
The Snapdragon 7 Gen 1 improvements
- 20% faster graphics rendering
- 30% improved AI performance
- 20% better performance per watt from the AI engine
- Snapdragon X62 modem for faster connectivity
- Bluetooth 5.3 audio (now lossless)
- Qualcomm Secure suite that supports digital car keys, licenses, and more
The Snapdragon 7 Gen 1 supports 144 Hz FHD displays, so we should expect some lower-cost gaming phones with 1080p screens and high refresh rates or QHD with 60 Hz. The chipset will support image capture up to 200MP and video capture with 4K and HDR support.