Amazon’s lineup of android tablets has carved out a place for itself in the tablet market alongside Apple’s iPad lineup by making inexpensive tablets for adults and kids alike. Today the company announced a refreshed Fire 7 Kids tablet, starting at just $109.99.
Parents will have peace of mind knowing their kids are not being redirected to ads and mistaken in-app purchases while in kids mode and when your child is ready to shed the thick kids case, there is a svelte Fire 7 tablet ready to go underneath.
All-new Fire 7 Kids
- Faster responsiveness—Fire 7 has a 30% faster quad-core processor and double the RAM so you can quickly get back to your game or jump between apps.
- Longer battery life—Now with 40% more battery life for up to 10 hours of browsing, watching videos, and more. Available with USB-C and 5W in-box adapter for easier charging.
- Thin, light, and durable—With a 7-inch touchscreen, Fire 7 is easy to carry around and stands up against drops, tumbles, spills, and everyday wear and tear, testing twice as durable as the latest iPad Mini in tumble tests.
- Access to entertainment—Watch or download movies and TV shows on Disney+, Netflix, Prime Video, Hulu, and HBO Max. You can also enjoy popular apps like TikTok, make Zoom or Alexa calls, connect with friends over Facebook or Instagram, browse the web, read eBooks, or play games. Great for Roblox or cloud gaming with Amazon Luna, including your favorite racing, sports, and action adventure games.
- Kindle content—With Android Dark theme support, customers can comfortably read anytime, day or night, with a white-on-black mode. Enjoy millions of books from the Kindle Store and a three-month free trial of Kindle Unlimited for a limited time.
- Stay connected—Optimized for video calls in landscape mode, with 2MP front and rear-facing cameras with 720p HD video recording for photos and video calls.
- Better with Alexa—Just by saying “Alexa,” customers can ask to play videos and music, open apps, shop online, check the weather, access compatible smart home devices, call or message almost anyone, and much more. Designed with your privacy in mind, you have control of your Alexa settings and can turn off hands-free mode at any time.
The perfect first tablet for kids ages 3 and up, Fire 7 Kids is a tablet kids will love and parents can trust. In addition to a two-year worry-free guarantee, it comes with a one-year Amazon Kids+ subscription, allowing kids to discover fun and educational content and giving parents peace of mind with age-appropriate content. Kids have access to content from Disney+, Sesame Street Workshop, PBS Kids, National Geographic, and Homer, as well as Amazon Kids+ Original series like Blippi’s Treehouse and Lego Monkie Kid and original mobile games like Super Spy Ryan and Do, Re, & Mi. Parents and guardians can use the Amazon Parent Dashboard to easily manage their kids’ screen time and set educational goals, age filters, and time limits for both weekdays and weekends. In addition, kids are able to use the Fire 7 Kids as a calling device with contacts approved by their parents to connect with remote loved ones.