Apple continues to deliver on its privacy promises by not only protecting Apple user’s data but also now with the latest iOS update, 15.2 you can enable a feature called App Privacy Report that will inform you which apps access what data on your iPhone. The feature is off by default but fear not, we are here to guide you through the steps to enable valuable feature on your iPhone today.
- First you will want to check to see if you are running iOS 15.2
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone
- Select About
- On the Software Version line (2nd line) see if your iPhone says 15.2
- If your iPhone is not on iOS 15.2, you need to update the operating system by navigating to Software Update in the Settings app and seeing if there is an update ready to Download and Install, if there is go ahead and get updated
- Now that you are updated to iOS 15.2 open the Settings app again
- Scroll down to and select Privacy
- Scroll down to the very bottom of the Privacy page and select App Privacy Report
- On the App Privacy Report page select Turn On App Privacy Report
You will need to wait a little but since it needs to take some time to generate the first report, but after that you can regularly see which apps are trying to peak in on your personal data. Enjoy!