Among the major announcements about Windows 11 during Microsoft’s announcement, was its integration of Android app support. Today Microsoft is finally launching a preview of Android apps for Windows 11 and below we will show you how to try the preview yourself.
How to try the Android app preview on Windows 11
- Open the Settings app
- Select Windows Update
- Select Windows Insider Program
- Under Choose your Insider settings select Beta Channel
- Follow the prompts
- When prompted select Check for Updates
- When the update is done updating and installed you will be prompted to restart your PC.
- Once your PC has restarted, select the Microsoft Store
- Select Library and then select Get Updates to look for any app updates.
- Now browse for Android apps in the Microsoft Store
The selection of apps and games is quite paltry at the moment, so don’t be surprised if you don’t find your favorite apps, this is just a ‘preview collection of apps’ like the banner on the opening page says.