Quibi was a fledgling short-form video service that both launched and was acquired by Roku last year in what was viewed as the service failing to acquire and retain its subscribers. Today Roku is announcing “This Friday the 13th, be prepared to scream because we’re unleashing a whole new lineup of Roku Originals – 23 titles to be exact! The new lineup includes four never-before-seen shows and we can’t wait to introduce you to ‘Eye Candy,’ ‘Squeaky Clean,’ ‘Thanks a Million’ season twoand ‘What Happens in Hollywood!’“
- Eye Candy’ — Is it real or is it cake? Contestants face off to spot sweets in disguise amongst everyday objects. Winner tastes all!
- ‘Squeaky Clean’ — Leslie Jordan hosts a cleaning competition show pitting three cleaning-obsessed contestants against each other to win a cash prize. Resident cleaning and organization expert Sabrina Soto and celebrity guest judges join Jordan at the judge’s table.
- ‘Thanks a Million’ (Season 2) — Ten grateful celebrities each give away $100,000 to a person who has inspired them in a profound way by impacting their community. The catch: That person must give half away to someone they’re grateful to. Watch as the “pay-it-forward” chain unfolds.
- ‘What Happens in Hollywood’ — What Happens in Hollywood looks at how Hollywood has framed our ideas about sex and sexuality. With A-list interviews and compelling archive, Emmy-winning director Marina Zenovich looks at how sex and power interact at every stage of filmmaking.
But wait, there’s more! In total, 23 Roku Original shows will be available exclusive on The Roku Channel, including recent Emmy®-nominated show ‘Mapleworth Murders.’ Here’s a look at what more we have in store for you:
- ‘&Music’ — Music has many masters. Some play instruments. Others computers. Some balance audio levels. Others balance minds. But they all play a critical part in making the artform sing.
- ‘The Andy Cohen Diaries’ –– Is it possible to read another person’s thoughts? Mentalist Lior Suchard thinks so. And he’s about to stun celebrities and passersby alike with his mind-reading prowess.
- ‘Benedict Men’ — New season. Same goal. Coach Mark Taylor leads the St. Benedict’s boys basketball team as they strive to add another state championship to their legacy. Along the way, they uncover the true meaning of unity, selflessness, and hard work.
- ‘Elba vs. Block’ — Insane stunts, cars, and superstars. Idris Elba and Ken Block go head-to-head to see who’s the best behind the driver’s seat.
- ‘Fierce Queens’ — In this nature series, presented and narrated by Reese Witherspoon, we explore the remarkable females of the animal kingdom. From ants to cheetahs, these ladies call the shots in their world and sit at the top of the social hierarchy earning them the title “fierce queens”.
- ‘Floored’ — Two celebrity Guest Judges. Two competing dance crews. And one crazy, challenging dance floor. Liza Koshy hosts the wildest dance challenge out there, full of absurd perils you won’t believe.
- ‘Gone Mental with Lior’ — Is it possible to read another person’s thoughts? Mentalist Lior Suchard thinks so. And he’s about to stun celebrities and passersby alike with his mind-reading prowess.
- ‘Mapleworth Murders’ — Paula Pell stars in this hilarious whodunnit featuring a “who’s who” of guest suspects and victims. It all leads to a bigger question: why the hell are there so many murderers in one town?
- Memory Hole’ — Will Arnett dives into the archives of pop culture revisiting trends, inventions and events that haven’t aged very well. Surprise celebrities crop up in this exploration of Canada’s best and brightest ideas from the recent past.
- ‘Nice One!’ — A game show of jovial joking. Ron Funches hosts comedians as they compete to compliment some pretty bad subjects. If they don’t have something nice to say, they can GTFO.
- ‘Nikki Fre$h’ — Nicole Richie spreads her message of environmental love through her new musical persona, “Nikki Fre$h,” a trap music artist who makes eco-conscious choices while dropping sick beats and performing in over-the-top music videos.
- ‘Run This City’ — This doc-series follows Jasiel Correia, the youngest mayor in Massachusetts history, who faces wire fraud and extortion prosecutions as he prepares for re-election in his hometown.
- ‘The Sauce’ — Who’s the best dance crew in the country? Viral dance sensations Ayo & Teo travel across America as teams battle head-to-head for a chance to take home $25,000.
- ‘Sex Next Door’ — Sex workers Holiday, Endza, Cayenne, and Jessie give clients intimate experiences ranging from the pleasurable to the painful. In the process, they give a deep dive into their personal lives.
- ‘Singled Out’ — Sassy singles. Daring DMs. Real deal breakers. Singled Out is back to help daters navigate the treacherous waters of dating in the digital age. Who will be stuck in the friend zone and who will be singled out?
- ‘Skrrt with Offset’ –– Offset is a big fan of cars. His garage has over 30 sports and luxury cars. This series follows him as he joins his celebrity friends—like Cardi B, Lil Yachty, and Jay Leno —exploring all things cars.
- ‘The Stranger’ — A rideshare driver is thrown into her worst nightmare when a mysterious passenger enters her car. Her terrifying, heart-stopping ride with the stranger unfolds over 12 hours as she navigates LA in a chilling game of cat and mouse.
- ‘Survive’ — Jane wants to end it all. Then a plane crash almost ends it for her. Now she’s crawling from the wreckage with Paul, the only other survivor, and a new drive to stay alive.
- ‘Wireless’ — Stranded on an isolated mountain road, Andy struggles for survival, his only lifeline is a rapidly draining phone
Despite Quibi’s failures to succeed with its own innovative streaming platform, the content it created had value and Roku saw that and acquired Quibi’s library of content “The Roku Channel will soon be home to Emmy-nominated and popular shows, such as #FreeRayshawn, Chrissy’s Court, Die Hart, Dummy, Flipped, Most Dangerous Game, Punk’d, Reno 911!, Survive, and more, featuring stars including, Idris Elba, Kevin Hart, Liam Hemsworth, Anna Kendrick, Nicole Richie, Chrissy Teigen, Lena Waithe, and many others.” Quibi’s shows now are rebranded as ‘Roku Originals’.
Roku announced last month that it had ordered a second season of Kevin Hart’s Die Hart that also features John Travolta. “Die Hart exploded out of the gate and after a spectacular debut weekend, has quickly become one of the most watched Roku Originals on The Roku Channel,” said Colin Davis, Roku’s Head of Original Scripted Programming. “We couldn’t be more excited to bring an equally hilarious, action-packed second season to the record number of viewers who have watched in recent days.” Quibi might be gone but its popular series live on with one of the most popular streaming platforms, Roku. Die Hart launched on The Roku Channel in May. The 23 Roku Originals will launch on this Friday the 13th.