Microsoft just released their first Windows 11 Insider Build to the Dev Channel which means now is a good time to jump in feet first to try out Windows 11 for yourself. Sometimes figuring out how to do this or if you PC can run the latest and great Windows version can be tricky and difficult, fear not we are here to help. We will walk you through getting Windows 11 on your PC now and thankfully almost any PC can run Windows 11 Insider Builds.
Join the Windows Insider program
- Open the Settings app
- Navigate to Windows Insider Program
- Select the Insider Channel you want to join, if you want Windows 11 now, you need to join the Dev Channel.
- Now navigate to Windows Update
- Click on the Update button and wait
- You will see Windows 11 Insider Preview 10.0.20000.51 (co_release) start downloading and also some other updates
- After it has fully downloaded, Windows update will prompt you to restart your PC
- Restart your PC
- During installation select the option to keep your files and settings if you want to simply upgrade otherwise you can choose to wipe your PC and start fresh.