Apple announced a major upgrade to Apple Music coming in June that includes lossless audio and spatial audio from Dolby Atmos. The new features will be available to all those who subscribe to the service and subscribers will have 20 million to enjoy now and over 75 million lossless audio tracks by the end of the year. Since Apple Music is on Android as well, Apple is starting to roll out the new features to Apple Music for Android beta now.
In order to join the beta and experience the new features Apple Music has to offer beta testers you will need to join the beta here. One you join the beta, you’ll have access to Lossless and Spatial Audio tracks with the Dolby Atmos logo in a curated list of tracks.
In Settings you can toggle ‘Lossless Audio’ on in the Audio Quality menu. Available options in the Audio Quality menu below.
- High Efficiency: AAC with low data usage [Cellular only]
- High Quality: AAC 256 kbps
- Lossless: ALAC up to 24-bit/48 kHz
- High-Resolution Lossless: ALAC up to 24-bit/192 kHz
The beta is currently at 3.6 for Apple Music on Android and includes the following:
Lossless Audio, a new way to experience un-compromised sound, with bit-for-bit accuracy.
• Automatic Crossfade, a new way to listen that blends each song into the next for a seamless experience.
• Search enhancements to library, which allow you to more easily find your favorite music with in-line search.
Anyone trying out this feature? Let us know in the comments below.