Google’s Stadia cloud gaming service is gaining some long-awaited features today. Shortly after we reported last week that Amazon’s Luna could be played on Fire TV edition TVs, Google announced that Stadia can be played on its new Chromecast with Google TV and other Android TV devices and TVs on June 23rd. We will show you how you can play and what devices are supported below:
How to play Stadia on Chromecast with Google TV, Android TV devices and TVs
In just a few weeks Stadia will be officially supported on the following devices:
- Chromecast with Google TV
- Hisense® Android Smart TVs (U7G, U8G, U9G)
- Nvidia® Shield TV
- Nvidia® Shield TV Pro
- Onn™ FHD Streaming Stick and UHD Streaming Device
- Philips® 8215, 8505, and OLED 935/805 Series Android TVs
- Xiaomi® MIBOX3 and MIBOX4
Your device not on the list? You can opt into experimental support to play Stadia. Google says “While this feature is still in development and not every Android TV OS device will work perfectly, you can now try out Stadia and play your favorite games on more screens than ever before.” Or pick up a new Onn. device below.
- Install the Stadia app from the Google Play Store
- Launch it from the “My Apps” row on your TV
- Press continue on the opt-in screen – read what you are opting into first;)
- Give feedback to help the Stadia team make the service better.