Apple Maps just added Waze’s best feature in its iOS 14.5 update. Now you can report accidents, hazards and speed checks on your commute. Read the How-To below.
How to report an Incident in Apple Maps iOS 14.5
- In Apple Maps, enter a destination address into the input field > then select a desired route.
- Select ‘Go’ to start your journey.
- If you come across an accident, hazard or speed check, bring up the options card by tapping the arrow icon in the bottom-left corner of the screen.
- Tap the ‘Report’ button in the menu card > tap the Accident, Hazard, or Speed Check button.
- Alternately, you can say “Hey Siri, there’s an [accident/hazard/speed check]” and Siri will send in a report to Apple Maps.
Apple says that once you flag the location and others do as well then, the incident will be flagged on the map for all users in the area. Now that Apple Maps has this feature, you no longer need to use Waze and share your data with Google. Are you updating to iOS 14.5 today? Let us know in the comments below.