Microsoft is releasing a new Xbox OS version to insiders that includes a number of new features and fixes that the general public will receive in the near future, check out the details below.
- Today’s update includes a new dynamic background. Users can select the “Motes” background by going to Settings>Personalization>My Background>Dynamic Backgrounds.
- Users browsing Game Pass Spotlighted titles will now notice that a game trailer will play without audio when a title is in focus.
Thanks to the hard work of Xbox engineers, we are happy to announce the following fixes have been implemented for this build:
- Various updates to properly reflect local languages across the console
- Note: Users participating in Preview may see “odd” text across the console, for more information go here.
We understand some issues have been listed in previous Xbox Insider Release Notes. These items aren’t being ignored, but it will take Xbox engineers more time to find a solution.
We’re still tracking these known issues:
- We are investigating reports of the audio mixer being unable to adjust chat/game audio levels.
- Users may see that some 4K capabilities are not enabled/available when console is powered on from standby even though they are supported. This can result in HDCP errors trying to play some streaming content in apps.
- Workaround: Navigate to Settings>General>TV Details and change from 4K to another resolution and then back to 4K.
- Some users have reported that the icon for a disc-based title is not appearing on the dashboard.
My Games & Apps
- Titles in collection may incorrectly appear with a “trial” tag.
- Users have reported that My Games & Apps is closing unexpectedly when trying to view “Shrinkable Games”.
- Live TV listings for OneGuide on Xbox One have been discontinued. You can continue to use OneGuide to view your connected HDMI devices or USB TV tuner.
- Sometimes users may encounter the incorrect Profile color when powering on the console.
Join 1,276 other subscribers