Want to know how to enable the new ‘hello’ screen saver on your Mac? As originally outlined by 9to5Mac, they detailed how to un-earth the secret screen saver. Here’s the guide below. Enjoy!
On your Mac, make sure you are running macOS Big Sur 11.3, now follow the instructions below:
- Open the System folder.
- Next select Library.
- Now select Screen Savers.
- Drag the “Hello.saver” file to the desktop.
- Rename the “Hello” file to something else.
- Now open the renamed file.
- Tap the Install button to install your new ‘hello’ screen saver.
Now you will see the “hello” screen saver added as an option in the list of Mac screen savers available in System Preferences > Desktop & Screen Saver > Screen Saver.
The default mode will show “Hello” in various languages, but you can switch it to use only your native language by toggling off “Show ‘hello’ in all languages in ‘Screen Saver Options.’ There is also a “match system appearance” toggle to match light and dark mode preferences.