Have you ever had more than one game console and wondered “why can’t I just use my favorite game controller with this console too?” In this How-To De.Central Review, we will show you how you can pair an Xbox Series X Wireless gaming controller to Nintendo Switch using the 8Bitdo Wireless USB Adapter.
8Bitdo specializes in retro gaming tech, the company has a myriad of retro console themed Bluetooth controllers and adapters that enable to to use new controllers with old consoles and visa versa. Why buy a Nintendo Switch Pro Controller when you could just use one of your favorite controllers from another console you own, or use one controller for every console. The device gives you features like vibration support on X-input mode, 6-axis motion on SwitchX-input, D-input, Mac mode, Switch mode, upgradable firmware and a Lag – free gaming experience. The adapter is compatible with a wide range of controllers like Xbox One S, Xbox One X, PS3, PS4, PS4 Pro, PS5, Switch Pro, Switch Joy-Con, Wii U Pro, Wiimote and finally 8BitDo’s own controllers and arcade sticks.
How to connect Xbox Wireless Controller to 8Bitdo Wireless USB Adapter
- First connect the 8Bitdo Wireless USB Adapter into one of the two external USB ports on the Switch dock.
- Power on the Switch and go into settings, find Switch Pro Controller toggle under the controller section and toggle it on.
- Power on your Xbox Wireless Controller
- Hold and release the pairing button on the 8Bitdo adapter
- Hold and release the pairing button on your Xbox Wireless Controller
- Once both the 8Bitdo adapter connects to your Xbox Wireless Controller it will rumble.
Remap your buttons
Now that your Xbox Wireless Controller is paired to your Switch, we recommend that you remap the X, Y, B and A buttons to match that of your Xbox Wireless Controller, since the same buttons exist on both and just need to be relocated. This way when you are following along with menus on the Switch, you will be pushing the correct buttons.
Xbox Wireless Controller
The 8Bitdo Wireless USB Adapter comes in two colors, Brick Red and Silver. The Silver one is the one we used for the De.Central Review. The description says that the silver one is for PS classic but it connects and works perfectly. Now you can use your favorite controller with any game console you like. Let us know what your favorite gaming controller is and where else you would use it in the comments below.