Halo 2 Anniversary joined Halo Reach and Halo CE Anniversary on PC on May 12th and with Halo 3 flights on their way for Xbox Insiders, today Halo developer 343 Industries announced over Twitter that Halo 3 ODST Firefight is coming too.
While Halo 3 ODST did come to the Master Chief Collection (MCC) on Xbox, Halo 3 ODST Firefight mode did not. Since it is now confirmed to be coming to MCC “later this summer,” we can hopefully expect it to come to PC as well.
Firefight is a mode where you and up to 3 other players fight off hoards of enemies with a number of progressively more powerful weapons and vehicles. While playing online with strangers you might get the occasional guy coming along a flipping your warthog over to steal it, the Firefight game mode is highly recommended.
Below is a complete list of all content for the upcoming Halo 3 flights for both the Microsoft Store and Steam based on the development spec we create for each.
- Customization: Updated customization will be available for Halo 3
- Forge: Forge will be available for players during this flight
- Theater: Theater will be available for use with Mouse & Keyboard for Halo 3
- Challenges: The complete Challenge System, including the Challenge Hub screen, will be available for the first time in this flight
Flighting will support the following Campaign missions with options for all difficulty levels, single player, and co-operative online play:
- Campaign Missions: Sierra 117, The Storm, The Ark, The Covenant, and Halo.
Halo 3’s flight will support various maps and playlists for multiplayer. This will include Custom Games, Social Games, and Competitive Games. Below are the playlists and maps that will be available for each title across the various multiplayer options:
- Social Games: 4v4, 8p FFA, 12p Infection, 8v8
- Competitive: H3 Team Hardcore (4v4), H3 Team Slayer (4v4) H3 Team Doubles (2v2)
- Halo 3 Multiplayer: Construct, Guardian, Last Resort, Narrows, Sandtrap, The Pit, Valhalla, Foundry, Standoff, Avalanche, Sandbox, and Heretic
Settings and Options Supported
Below is a complete breakdown of Settings and Options included in the flight:
- Settings – Controls: Configure Mouse & Keyboard and Configure Gamepad
- Settings – Video: Field-Of-View, Vehicle Field-Of-View, Gamma, Window Mode, Aspect Ratio, Resolution Scale, V-Sync, HUD Anchoring, Unified Medal Display, Framerate Limit, and Graphics Quality
- Settings – Audio: Game Volume including Menu Music Volume, Game Music Volume, Effects Volume, Voice Chat Volume. Also, Voice Chat Channel, Push to Talk Voice Chat, and Multiplayer Game Sounds
- Settings – Gameplay: Crosshair Position, Show Invite Notifications, Enemy Player Name Color, Multiplayer Game Timer, and Credits
- Settings – Network: Network and Relays
- Settings Accessibility: Subtitles, Change Language, Convert Text-To-Speech, and Convert Speech-To-Text
Get Halo MCC for your PC
If playing Halo on your PC sounds like something you want to do, hit up the product link below.
Xbox Game Pass
Halo: The Master Chief Collection