Amazon announced via a blog post that they want to help people “get the most out of thier devices during this time” and launched a new destination called #AtHome for Fire TV and Fire Tablet devices in the US. Amazon says that #AtHome is a curated experience with content from over 100 content partners to help you and your family stay entertained, educated and informed.
Amazon says that Fire TV and Fire Tablet Owners in the US will see the #AtHome experience on their devices. You will see ‘Stay at Home’ or ‘New and Trending’ , making it easier to find the content you’re looking for.
#AtHome will launch in the UK, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Japan, Canada and India soon.
Here is a preview of some free content from Amazon’s partners:
- SHOWTIME: Billions, Homeland, Green Book
- HBO: Silicon Valley, The Sopranos, The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part
- CBS All Access: Star Trek: Picard, The Twilight Zone, Blue Bloods
- Sling TV: Game Show Network, ESPN, Food Network
Amazon has a ‘entertainment’ link to a full list of free app, trials and content. They also highlighted News content from CBS News, Fox News ABC News, NBC News and more. NBC News will even be streaming a Kids Edition of “Nightly News with Lester Holt” twice a week.
Specifically for the kids, Amazon has a curated library of content that is kid-friendly and family focused. Amazon shared a list of free content to stream:
- Prime Video: Pete the Cat, The Stinky Dirty Show, PBS KIDS series
- Boomerang: Saturday Morning Cartoons
- IMDb TV: Paddington, Spider-Man, Megamind
- The CW: Nancy Dew and Katy Keene
- Tubi: Shrek Ever After, Shaun the Sheep Movie, Rock Dog
- Cartoon Network: Victor and Valentino, Team Titans GO!, Craig of the Creek
Amazon is also trying to help families with teaching at home with thousands of hours of K-12 educational content and some listed below.
- ABCmouse: Reading, math, art, music, and more for ages 2–8
- Amazon FreeTime Unlimited: Access to more than 20,000 age-appropriate apps, games, videos, and books
- Kidoodle TV: Wayside, Maggie and the Ferocious Beast, Blippi
- PBS Kids: Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood, Curious George, Sesame Street
- Endless Alphabet and Endless Numbers: Animations and games teach kids about letters, words, and numbers
- GoNoodle: Dance videos, kids yoga, and mindfulness activities
Amazon also wants to help you stay in shape with content from the list below:
- Beachbody On Demand
- Yoga International